XCMG Predits Solid Growth as Global Demand for Equipment Increases
XCMG, the world's leading construction machinery manufacturer, has seen its earnings almost quadruple over the last year as the global economic recovery continued, and infrastructure investment in China increased demand for equipment including excavators, loaders and forklift trucks. The company, China's biggest exporter of construction machinery, is predicting solid growth in 2018 on the back of continued improvement in global markets despite rising trade friction between the United States and China.
For 2017, net profit surged 389.31% to RMB 1.02billion, up from RMB 208.6million the previous year, far outpacing the revenue growth of 72.46% that the company said in its previous annual report. In 2018, XCMG forecasts sales of RMB36.8 billion, representing year-on-year growth of 26.3%.
"Although rising protectionism and increasing Sino-U.S. friction casts a cloud over the global economy, the trend of globalization is irreversible, enabling XCMG to continue its global expansion," said Wang Min the President of XCMG. "In the domestic market, we will leverage our strength in product quality and sales channels to expand market share, and we will seek to become a 'smart manufacturer' by investing in technology and in our people."
Chinese construction machinery makers are benefiting from a recovery following a five-year downcycle, in 2011-2016, that saw the industry shrink by two-thirds from its peak. In 2017, China's infrastructure investment accelerated while the economy stabilized, giving the industry a boost.
Although XCMG's stellar performance last year was aided by industry consolidation that strengthened the company's market position, the bright spot is its strong overseas growth.
In 2017, XCMG become China's biggest exporter of construction machinery to the Asia-Pacific region, with sales jumping 71%. Meanwhile, exports to eight countries in South America grew 1.6 times while localization took root in the continent, and the company began conducting R&D on excavators locally. In Europe, XCMG's crane products were popular in Germany.
XCMG's overseas sales will continue to benefit from China's Belt & Road Initiative which is boosting infrastructure investment in regions along the modern "Silk Road" linking China with Eurasian countries.
XCMG will continue to expand its global market share by targeting key regions, stepping up investment in global research and services, and seeking breakthroughs in top-end markets in Europe and North America.
The company, the world's biggest maker of crane trucks and heavy-duty road rollers, will strengthen its core competitiveness while also exploring opportunities in new industries such as environmental protection. In addition, XCMG will invest heavily in the next generation of information technologies as part of its strategy to evolve into a "smart manufacturer." (www.chinatrucks.com)
- XCMG Delivered Eight Cranes to Customer in Europe 2018-07-25
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands 2018-07-11
- XCMG Saw Its HANVAN Dumper Sales Jump by 211% in the First Half Year 2018-07-06
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara 2018-06-28
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology 2018-06-28
- Another 50 XCMG Dump Trucks to Arrive in Inner Mongolia for Operation 2018-06-26
- XCMG Deepens Partnership with Weichai Power 2018-06-26
- XCMG's Hanvan Heavy Trucks Excel In Extremes At 2018 Taklimakan Rally 2018-06-26
- XCMG New Energy Light Trucks to Set Their Journeys on the Global Market 2018-06-22
- XCMG Units Delivered to the Department of Public Works and Highways, Philippines 2018-06-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November