Allison Automatics Demonstrate Their Advantages in Snowy, Difficult Terrain
www.chinatrucks.com: To demonstrate the superior performance of its fully automatic transmissions in difficult conditions and terrain, Allison Transmission hosted a test driving event at The Transportation Science Research Institute in Shibetsu, Hokkaido earlier this year.
Hino ranger crane truck with a fully automatic Allison transmission
More than 30 professional truck drivers from construction rental and OEM-related companies participated in a comparison of identical vehicles equipped with different types of transmissions. They drove two kinds of Hino Ranger trucks; a mid-size dump truck and a crane truck. For the two test courses, the drivers operated a Hino equipped with a fully automatic Allison 1000 Series™ transmission and the exact same Hino vehicle equipped with a manual or automated manual transmission (AMT). All of the vehicles were weighted to simulate a load of 1,600 kg.
Hino ranger crane truck was on test .
The dump truck was driven on a test course 150 meters long with a snowy hill gradient up to 12 percent. The crane truck was driven on a course of compacted snow 1,200 meters long with a gradient up to 14 percent. When compared to the trucks with manuals or AMTs, Allison’s patented Continuous Power Technology™ delivered smoother, seamless, full-power shifts and superior acceleration. Each shift is made automatically when appropriate, allowing drivers to precisely manage performance and exercise superior vehicle control – including on snowy, difficult terrain.
Allison’s torque converter smoothly multiplies engine torque, delivering more power to the wheels. By multiplying the engine power, drivers get increased performance, faster acceleration and greater operational flexibility.
“The Hino Ranger with an Allison provides a very smooth gear-changing experience, while also accelerating faster on the compacted snowy road when compared to the AMT-equipped truck,” said Tokihiro Nakajima, Hino Motors rental fleet department manager. “Automatic transmission-equipped vehicles are definitely easier to drive for rental users, and rental fleets will no doubt adopt them.”
In response to positive feedback from the initial event, Allison has scheduled similar test driving opportunities beginning in December.
- Mid West Transport Services Benefits from Buying Allison Automatics 2017-02-16
- Stuttgart Airport Operates Germany’s First Magirus Superdragon X8 with Two All 2017-02-06
- Allison-equipped road sweeper with single engine improves ease of use and effici 2016-10-28
- Allison Selected by ReTech to Provide Transmissions for a Growing Variety of Spe 2016-10-12
- Allison Transmission Selected Again by Servair for Its Newest Airport Service Ve 2016-05-10
- Allison Transmission Backs Jereh’s Complete Oil & Gas Solutions 2016-04-12
- Allison Transmission to Highlight Oil Field Series? at CIPPE 2016 2016-03-23
- Allison Transmission Improves Efficiency and Performance for Wreckers 2016-02-23
- S?o Paulo firefighters renew fleet with Allison fully automatic transmission-equipped trucks 2015-12-16
- Allison Transmission Drives New Hino FE Model Line-up 2015-08-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Mercedes-Benz Starts Small Series Production of All-electric Urban eTruck and Tr
- Chenglong H7 Become Popular for Beauty and Strength
- SHACMAN X3000 Launched in Middle East and Won Order of 30 Units
- 2017 Discovery Trust---China Truck User Research & Awarding Ceremony to be Held
- CHMC QTc Light Truck Expected to Launch in June
- SAIC to Open its Second Overseas Technology Hub in Israel
- Production and Marketing of the Yuchai Engine Surge in the First Month of 2017
- High-end Products as the Direction, Liuzhou Motor Develop in Boutique Way
- Mid West Transport Services Benefits from Buying Allison Automatics
- ZEDO 300M Won Orders of 76 Units in Suzhou Launching Conference
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- FAW Has the Highest Growth among Top 10 CV Company in January
- Mini-truck Sales Ranking Released in January
- Light Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Medium Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Heavy-duty Truck Market Had a Good Start in 2017
- Wuling Taking Market Share of 35.59%: 2016 China Micro Trucks Sales Ranking Rele
- SINOTRUK Growth of 35.59%: 2016 China Light Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- Lifan Taking 30% of Market Share: China Medium Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- FAW Jiefang Ranked First: China Heavy Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- Heavy Trucks Delivered 732.9 Thousand in 2016