Weichai Expects its Engine Sales for Heavy-duty Trucks to Exceed 500,000 Units
On November 30, Weichai held its annual business conference, revealing that its sales volume of engines for heavy-duty trucks is expected to exceed 500,000 units in 2020.
One of the biggest achievements of Weichai this year is that its four cylinder engines for heavy-duty trucks have seen their sales grow dramatically this year. In the meantime, its WP7 and WP8 have also made big splashes in the market. Since February this year, its medium-sized engines for concrete mixers have maintained a fast growing momentum.
Weichai engines for light vehicles, which sold less than 100,000 units in 2019, are expected to increase their sales volume to 260,000 units in 2020, up by 157% year on year. Thus, the engine maker jumped to the second place from the sixth place in the sector.
Since 2010, Weichai has been making great efforts to rolled out customized vehicles and it has been performing well in the power driveline market for coal transportation trucks and those working at ports.
In the natural gas engine market, Weichai continues to take the lead by holding over 50% market share and selling over 110,000 units natural gas engines for heavy-duty trucks. In addition, Weichai ranks the first place among all its competitors by selling 40,000 diesel engines with National VI Emission Standards.
In the engine market for light vehicles, the demand for Weichai has far exceeded the the company’s supply. Data show that its sales of WP2.3N engines grew by 171% year on year, its sales of WP3N jumped by 1,199% year on year, its sales of WP4.1N increase by 153% year on year and its sales of WP4.6N went up by 166% year on year.
“Our engines are extremely competitive in terms of their performances, reliability and energy efficiency”, said Li Xuefeng from Weichai. With the implementation of some new measures to curb air pollution in China, the engine maker aims to increase its total sales volume to 1.34 million units in 2021.
- Weichai Rolls Out Its 200,000th Unit Engine with National VI Emission Standards 2020-12-09
- Weichai Group Ranks the 83rd among Top 500 Chinese Enterprises in 2020 2020-10-14
- Weichai Launches World's First Commercialized Diesel Engine with Over 50% EFF 2020-09-17
- Weichai Power Invests in Shengrui Transmission's 8AT Automatic Transmission 2020-09-16
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai 2020-08-11
- Tan Xuguang Learns the Development and Application of Hydrogen Fuel Cell 2020-06-22
- Weichai Takes a Step Further Towards Developing Hydrogen Power in CV 2020-06-03
- Weichai’s New Mining Truck Goes Off the Assmbly Lines in Yangzhou 2020-05-25
- Weichai Opens Hydrogen Fuel Cell Plant in China 2020-04-02
- Weichai WP10.5H Engine Sales Jump 237% in First Two Months of 2020 2020-03-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Foton Global Business Partners-Suppliers Conference Held in Xi’an
- Diplomatic Envoys from 12 Countries Visit SHACMAN
- XCMG exhibits Oriental Wisdom at Shanghai Bauma China 2020 Show
- More than 2,800 Exhibitors to Participate in Bauma CHINA
- Better World Better Sany - SANY at Bauma CHINA 2020
- Hyundai Reveals World’s First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy-duty Truck at CIIE
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture
- Dongfeng Special Vehicle Starts Building New Factory
- BAIC Foton Partners with AVIC MTI for Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Development
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 241,000 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks from Jan. to Nov.
- Liuzhou Motor Sold 85,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in 2020
- China Sold 472,300 Units Commercial Vehicles in November
- China Sold 135,600 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Sold 41,574 Units Chassis for Light-weight Special Vehicles
- FAW South Africa Sold 1,344 Units Trucks from January to November
- Foton Saw Sales Growth for 7 Months in a Row
- China’s Sales Volume of Light Trucks Reached 203,400 Units in October
- China Recorded 129,000 Heavy-duty Truck Sales in Ocotber
- JAC Sold 185,025 Units Light Trucks from January to October