Weichai Released World's First Diesel Engine with a Thermal Efficiency of 52.8%
On November 11, Weichai Power released the world’s first commercialized diesel engine with a base engine thermal efficiency of 52.28%. This is the third time for Weichai Power to break through the limit of diesel engine thermal efficiency and keep leading the upgrade of global internal combustion engine technology. Previously, Weichai Power released the world's first commercial diesel engine with a base thermal efficiency of 50.23% in September 2020 and then increased it to 51.09% in January 2022.
What does a thermal efficiency of 52.28% mean?
The engine base thermal efficiency refers to the proportion of the thermal energy it converts during combustion into mechanical energy without using waste heat recovery devices. The higher the base thermal efficiency of an engine, the better will be its economy. According to Weichai, diesel engines with 52.28% thermal efficiency can achieve a 12% reduction in fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions compared with their mainstream 46% average thermal efficiency counterparts. On an industry-wide basis, this engine advance would help China save an estimated 19 million tons of fuel and reduce 60 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions every year.
How did Weichai do it?
The 52.28% thermal efficiency achievement of the Weichai Power diesel engine was officially recognized by TÜV SÜD (Germany), an international authoritative testing institution. To achieve a thermal efficiency of 52.8%, Weichai developed four new technologies on the basis of the original five technologies including co-combustion, co-design, exhaust energy distribution, zoning lubricant and intelligent control. 1. 3D precision boost design technology, which enables a 5% increase in supercharger operating efficiency. 2. Air insulation technology, allows 15% reduction of heat transfer in the cylinder. 3. High efficiency circulation technology, effectively reduces the resistance of intake and exhaust piping. 4. Dual main injection technology enhances fuel-air mixture and increase combustion speed by 5%. During this period, Weichai has declared 162 patents with 124 patents granted.
In conventional energy, Weichai will continue to increase investment in research and development to meet the highest global emission standards. As for new energy power, Weichai will provide global customers with diversified power systems like fuel cell, hybrid, pure electric, hydrogen internal combustion engine, methanol engine, ammonia engine according to their different needs for power systems.
- First Weichai NEV Light Trucks Shipping to Ecuador 2023-11-28
- Weichai and BYD Battery Will Complement Each Other to Promote NEV Transformation 2023-11-27
- Weichai and Bosch Join Forces for Future Technological Innovation 2023-11-07
- Global Strategic Partners of SINOTRUK Visit Weichai 2023-09-04
- Chinaman of Weichai Group Met with Italian Ambassador to China 2023-08-28
- Weichai Exported Its First Electric Light Trucks to Philippines 2023-04-07
- Weichai Releases World's First Commercialized High-power Metal-supported SOFC 2023-03-23
- Weichai to Supply 1000 NEV Light Trucks to Overseas Customer 2022-11-14
- 500 Weichai NEV Light Trucks Were Put into Service 2022-10-25
- Weichai WP15H Highhorse Power Engine Challenges Tough Plateau Road 2022-10-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Sale of the New MAN eTruck Starts
- Scania Adds Powertrain Production to Its Production Base in Rugao, China
- FOTON and Piaggio Group Extend Their Partnership to Electric Light CVs
- Notice of Office Closure During National Day Holiday
- SANY Attends Construction Indonesia 2023
- SANY's Vietnam Subsidiary Grandly Opened in Hanoi
- XCMG Leads the Way in Sustainable Manufacturing
- 2023 Global Energy Transition High-level Forum Opened in Beijing
- SINOTRUK Attends Mining Indonesia 2023
- BYD Ranks in Top 10 Kantar BrandZ Most Valuable Global Brands in Auto Category
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Exported 507,000 Trucks from Jan.-Sept., Up 21% YoY
- China Exported 65,000 Trucks in July, Up 17% YoY
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022