Weichai Released World's First Diesel Engine with a Thermal Efficiency of 52.8%
On November 11, Weichai Power released the world’s first commercialized diesel engine with a base engine thermal efficiency of 52.28%. This is the third time for Weichai Power to break through the limit of diesel engine thermal efficiency and keep leading the upgrade of global internal combustion engine technology. Previously, Weichai Power released the world's first commercial diesel engine with a base thermal efficiency of 50.23% in September 2020 and then increased it to 51.09% in January 2022.
What does a thermal efficiency of 52.28% mean?
The engine base thermal efficiency refers to the proportion of the thermal energy it converts during combustion into mechanical energy without using waste heat recovery devices. The higher the base thermal efficiency of an engine, the better will be its economy. According to Weichai, diesel engines with 52.28% thermal efficiency can achieve a 12% reduction in fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions compared with their mainstream 46% average thermal efficiency counterparts. On an industry-wide basis, this engine advance would help China save an estimated 19 million tons of fuel and reduce 60 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions every year.
How did Weichai do it?
The 52.28% thermal efficiency achievement of the Weichai Power diesel engine was officially recognized by TÜV SÜD (Germany), an international authoritative testing institution. To achieve a thermal efficiency of 52.8%, Weichai developed four new technologies on the basis of the original five technologies including co-combustion, co-design, exhaust energy distribution, zoning lubricant and intelligent control. 1. 3D precision boost design technology, which enables a 5% increase in supercharger operating efficiency. 2. Air insulation technology, allows 15% reduction of heat transfer in the cylinder. 3. High efficiency circulation technology, effectively reduces the resistance of intake and exhaust piping. 4. Dual main injection technology enhances fuel-air mixture and increase combustion speed by 5%. During this period, Weichai has declared 162 patents with 124 patents granted.
In conventional energy, Weichai will continue to increase investment in research and development to meet the highest global emission standards. As for new energy power, Weichai will provide global customers with diversified power systems like fuel cell, hybrid, pure electric, hydrogen internal combustion engine, methanol engine, ammonia engine according to their different needs for power systems.
- Weichai to Supply 1000 NEV Light Trucks to Overseas Customer 2022-11-14
- 500 Weichai NEV Light Trucks Were Put into Service 2022-10-25
- Weichai WP15H Highhorse Power Engine Challenges Tough Plateau Road 2022-10-12
- Weichai Power Attends IAA 2022 2022-09-26
- Additional 1100 Units! Weichai’s Hydrogen Fuel Cell Are On a Fast Track 2022-09-02
- National Fuel Cell Technology Innovation Center Officially Launched in Shandong 2022-08-29
- SINOTRUK Launches High Horsepower Trucks Powered by Weichai T-Series Engines 2022-08-23
- Weichai Launches Three High Horsepower Engines 2022-08-12
- Weichai’s Most Powerful Engine Offers a 680 Horsepower 2022-05-30
- Weichai LOVOL Opens Technology Innovation Centre in North America, Europe, Japan 2022-02-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Over 5000 Swappable Battery Heavy Trucks Were in Operation in Tangshan
- Iveco Group Attends China International Import Expo(CIIE) 2022
- Mercedes-Benz Exhibits Its Latest Products and Solutions at CIIE 2022
- The 5th China International Import Expo (CIIE) to Open Its Door in Shanghai
- SANY Forms Strategic Alliance with Pony.ai, Sinotrans to Offer Smart Logistics
- Construction Machinery Trade Fair BAUMA 2022 Opens in Munich, Germany
- Geely's NEV Brand Farizon Raises over $300 mln
- Half of Vietnam Truck Imports Are from China?
- New Energy Light Trucks Become the New Track for Enterprises to Compete
- SANY Got Its Second Lighthouse Factory Approved by WEF
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- FAW Jiefang Achieved a 25% MoM Increase in Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in Oct.
- September Pickup Truck Sales Went up 9.4% from August in China
- FARIZON New Energy Light Trucks Took the First Place for 9 Consecutive Months
- Sales of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Sales On Rise in September
- China’s Pickup Sales Continued Robust Growth in August
- New Energy Heavy Trucks Saw 127% YOY Growth in August 2022
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Players in August
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 54% YOY to 48700 Units in July
- FAW Jiefang Reports 42% YoY Increase in Overseas Sales in H1, 2022
- NEV Dumpers Surge 503% YoY to 2745 Units in the First Seven Months