Dongfeng and Volvo Put their First VT14-Speed Transmission into Batch Production
www.chinatrucks.com: On September, 14, 2017, Dongfeng and Volvo Put their first VT14-Speed Transmission in to mass production and its daily production capacity is expected to reach 62 sets per day.
VT14-speed transmission comes as another critical powertrain cooperation project after their engine project. It has been developed and optimized on the basis of Volvo technology platform, featuring fuel-saving, light weight and easier gearshift. In future, it will be mainly equipped with Dongfeng Kingland heavy trucks, offering stronger power and hill-climbing ability.
As the first project under operation between Dongfeng and Volvo, its factory construction has begun since March, 2015, giving it a production capacity of up to 30000 heavy-duty transmissions per year towards the end of its first construction phase. In April this year, the first 42 units of transmission passed production inspection. One month later, Dongfeng and Volvo put it into low rate initial production and rolls off another 300 units of transmission. After three months of break-in period, Dongfeng&Volvo officially begin to mass produce this VT14-speed transmission.
With the localization of VT14-speed transmission, Dongfeng has improved its ability to manufacture truck equipment and provide state-of-art trucks. Moreover, this will boost Dongfeng’s competition and market share in global powertrain and commercial vehicle market.
- Dongfeng Cummins Releases Pure Lubricant Products for Spare Parts 2021-07-21
- Dongfeng Tianlong Global Sales Volume Reached 1.04 Million Units 2021-05-24
- 59 Units Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles Delivered to Cambodia for Operation 2021-05-17
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle’s Exports Jumped by 30% in Q1 2021-04-12
- Dongfeng Sold 41,574 Units Chassis for Light-weight Special Vehicles 2020-12-11
- Dongfeng 16L Longqing DDi13 Engine Makes its Debut 2020-11-16
- Dongfeng Special Vehicle Starts Building New Factory 2020-11-02
- Dongfeng, SHACMAN and Hongyan Ranked Top Three in Dumper Sales 2020-11-01
- Dongfeng Hands Over Some 200 Trucks to Overseas Market 2020-10-23
- Dongfeng Hands Over Its First Batch of 3 Autonomous Container Trucks 2020-09-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April