FAW Jiefang Partners with PlusAI to Launch Unmanned Commercial Vehicles
On March 12, 2018, FAW Jiefang announced that they have reached an agreement with PlusAI on the promotion of unmanned commercial vehicle.
Under the agreement, the two parties will set up a team to develop intelligent driving CVs for applications on Highway, specified area and the first areas to achieve industrialization. Besides, they will carry out in-depth cooperation on basic technology research, work together to advance the vehicle test, operation and market exploration in North America and China.
This is not the first time for FAW Jiefang to be involved in intelligent driving. As early as April, 2017, FAW has begun conducting a closed ground test using one tractor and dumper and in the same October, it finished the road test on functions related to intelligent driving including adaptive cruise, lane keeping, and automatic emergency braking on highway.
Both parties didn’t disclosure more details on the level of intelligent driving and the specific truck model to be used.
As a matter of fact, there are lots of ADAS companies in China that are exploring the intelligent driving technology for commercial vehicles. Except for the above mentioned PlusAI, Tusimple is another one that focuses on truck intelligent driving, while TrunkTech and Westwell are the ones that mainly involved in port autonomous driving.
We can see PlusAI’s determination to expand in China from the branches opened in Silicon Valley, and in China’s Beijing, Shanghai and Xi’an.
At this year’s CES Expo, the PlusAI prototype also came to the event. It traveled all the way by itself from the Bay Area to Las Vegas and completes 850 kilometers mostly in autonomous mode. On the highway, it even reaches its maximum speed of 120-130km/h, this is amazing for a L3 level test car and proves that its technology is stable to some extent. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- FAW-Eastern European Company Set Sales Record of Over 1000 Units for CV 2021-08-24
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July 2021-08-23
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle 2021-07-16
- FAW South Africa Continues to Grow at a Robust Pace 2021-07-15
- Jiefang's Engine Export Up 56% in the Fist Six Months 2021-06-30
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May 2021-06-11
- 100 Units FAW Jiefang JH6 Heavy-duty Trucks Exported to Vietnam 2021-05-27
- FAW Jiefang's New Production Base Starts Operation in Liuzhou City 2021-05-17
- China Sold 198,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in April 2021-05-12
- FAW South Africa's 7000TH Truck Built at Coega Plant 2021-05-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY