Allison Automatic Transmissions Superior for City Distribution
www.chinatrucks.com: Rudenstams Parti AB is a family-owned wholesaler, buying locally cultivated and imported products which are later distributed to retail stores in the Småland, Östergötland and Västergötland regions of Sweden with its eight Scania trucks.
Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmission
One of the latest additions to the fleet is a Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 SeriesTM fully automatic transmission. According to Björn Segerberg, the manager responsible for the fleet, Allison fully automatic transmissions are the obvious choice for navigating city traffic.
"Because our customers are located relatively close in Jönköping, Huskvarna and cities a little further away, we choose our truck configurations depending on the anticipated route and duty cycle,” he said.
"We have had only good experiences with Allison transmissions,” said Segerberg. “Our old Scania has driven over 450,000 kilometers (280,000 miles) without any transmission problems whatsoever. We expect the same from our new 'Allison truck’.”
Segerberg tracks fleet driving distances and fuel consumption very closely as he monitors cost returns for the distribution company. “Every month I find the old preconception that a fully automatic transmission is ‘thirstier’ than others is totally wrong,” he said.
"Last month our new Allison-equipped Scania had the lowest fuel consumption of all our trucks, despite being used only in heavy city traffic with many more starts and stops than our other trucks fitted with either manual or automated manual transmissions (AMTs),” said Segerberg.
Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM
Allison transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM, which delivers more power to the drive wheels than any other transmission solution. Allison Automatics accelerate faster than manuals and AMTs, and also offer higher average speeds, which means more loads each day, increasing productivity and profits.
Fredrik Gustafsson has been driving Allison-equipped trucks at Rudenstams Parti for six years, and he also drives the newly delivered Scania.
“I feel my distribution rounds can be completed in considerably shorter time thanks to the Allison fully automatic transmission,” Gustafsson said. "It is superior in city traffic for driving on narrow streets and reaching loading ramps with just centimeters to spare on each side.”
In addition to the speed of acceleration possible with uninterrupted powershifts, driver Gustafsson likes being without the distraction of having to shift constantly. “The manueverability at low speeds can't really be compared to other transmission solutions, because with an Allison, it’s just easier to concentrate on driving,” he said.
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- Allison Transmission announces xFE models for 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™ 2017-10-20
- Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission 2017-10-09
- Terberg Electric Truck Uses Allison Transmission, Launch with GCW up to 65 Tons 2017-09-12
- Waste Disposal Company Improves Driver Safety and Productivity with Allison 2017-07-18
- WOMA High-pressure Water Cleaner with an Allison Transmission Offers More Power 2017-07-07
- World's First Allison-equipped Factory MAN Truck Begins Service 2017-06-07
- Allison Transmission announces FuelSense® 2.0 with DynActive™ Shifting 2017-04-20
- Allison and Sinotruck to Evaluate Strategic Partnership 2017-04-19
- Allison to Debut Industry-leading Products and Technology at Shanghai Autoshow 2017-04-14
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April