Allison Automatic Transmissions Superior for City Distribution
www.chinatrucks.com: Rudenstams Parti AB is a family-owned wholesaler, buying locally cultivated and imported products which are later distributed to retail stores in the Småland, Östergötland and Västergötland regions of Sweden with its eight Scania trucks.
Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmission
One of the latest additions to the fleet is a Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 SeriesTM fully automatic transmission. According to Björn Segerberg, the manager responsible for the fleet, Allison fully automatic transmissions are the obvious choice for navigating city traffic.
"Because our customers are located relatively close in Jönköping, Huskvarna and cities a little further away, we choose our truck configurations depending on the anticipated route and duty cycle,” he said.
"We have had only good experiences with Allison transmissions,” said Segerberg. “Our old Scania has driven over 450,000 kilometers (280,000 miles) without any transmission problems whatsoever. We expect the same from our new 'Allison truck’.”
Segerberg tracks fleet driving distances and fuel consumption very closely as he monitors cost returns for the distribution company. “Every month I find the old preconception that a fully automatic transmission is ‘thirstier’ than others is totally wrong,” he said.
"Last month our new Allison-equipped Scania had the lowest fuel consumption of all our trucks, despite being used only in heavy city traffic with many more starts and stops than our other trucks fitted with either manual or automated manual transmissions (AMTs),” said Segerberg.
Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM
Allison transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM, which delivers more power to the drive wheels than any other transmission solution. Allison Automatics accelerate faster than manuals and AMTs, and also offer higher average speeds, which means more loads each day, increasing productivity and profits.
Fredrik Gustafsson has been driving Allison-equipped trucks at Rudenstams Parti for six years, and he also drives the newly delivered Scania.
“I feel my distribution rounds can be completed in considerably shorter time thanks to the Allison fully automatic transmission,” Gustafsson said. "It is superior in city traffic for driving on narrow streets and reaching loading ramps with just centimeters to spare on each side.”
In addition to the speed of acceleration possible with uninterrupted powershifts, driver Gustafsson likes being without the distraction of having to shift constantly. “The manueverability at low speeds can't really be compared to other transmission solutions, because with an Allison, it’s just easier to concentrate on driving,” he said.
- Goiás Fire Buys Allison-equipped Mercedes-Benz Atego 1729 Units 2018-08-13
- China’s Renowned Wrecker Fleet Chooses Allison Transmissions 2018-07-02
- Allison Transmission Showcases New Magirus Fire Truck at SICUR 2018 2018-04-23
- Allison Reaches Milestone with Production of the 500,000th Transmission 2017-12-01
- Aurich Waste Company Improves Productivity with Allison-equipped DAF Side-loader 2017-11-27
- Aomori Airport Upgrades Emergency Response Fleet with Allison-equipped Vehicles 2017-11-09
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- Allison Transmission announces xFE models for 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™ 2017-10-20
- Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission 2017-10-09
- Terberg Electric Truck Uses Allison Transmission, Launch with GCW up to 65 Tons 2017-09-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November