Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks
Following more than a year and a half of testing a compact refuse truck equipped with an Allison fully automatic transmission, Conghua’s Urban Environmental Sanitary Administrative Unit purchased four additional trucks. Overall operational safety, increased efficiency, reduced lifecycle costs and ease of use for its drivers are among the top reasons.
The Conghua sanitation fleet operates more than 90 sanitation trucks, including the compact refuse trucks, sprinklers and sweeping vehicles. Operating in the transitional region between the Pearl River Delta and the mountainous area north of Guangdong Province, the vehicles face crowded and narrow roads in the downtown area, along with many difficult paths and long slopes in nonresidential areas.
At the beginning of 2016, the fleet began testing a compact refuse truck equipped with an Allison 3500 fully automatic transmission. With Allison Continuous Power TechnologyTM, the vehicle can readily travel up and down slopes, without coasting – even with full loads. Additionally, electronically-controlled shifting enables drivers to steer the vehicle using both hands. This increases truck maneuverability while allowing drivers to more easily manage operational challenges with safety and efficiency.
Compared to fully automatic vehicles, which are controlled electronically and shift intelligently based on road conditions, manual sanitation trucks are impacted by human operational factors. Driver malfunctions result in increased wear and tear on transmission components, which creates greater pressure on vehicle maintenance. On the other hand, the Allison-equipped compact refuse truck has run for more than 18 months without any transmission issues.
Additionally, with Continuous Power Technology, the trucks fitted with an Allison Automatic have demonstrated greater operational efficiency by achieving one more round trip per day for better productivity. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Allison Transmission announces xFE models for 1000 Series™ and 2000 Series™ 2017-10-20
- Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission 2017-10-09
- Terberg Electric Truck Uses Allison Transmission, Launch with GCW up to 65 Tons 2017-09-12
- Waste Disposal Company Improves Driver Safety and Productivity with Allison 2017-07-18
- WOMA High-pressure Water Cleaner with an Allison Transmission Offers More Power 2017-07-07
- Allison Automatic Transmissions Superior for City Distribution 2017-06-13
- World's First Allison-equipped Factory MAN Truck Begins Service 2017-06-07
- Allison Transmission announces FuelSense® 2.0 with DynActive™ Shifting 2017-04-20
- Allison and Sinotruck to Evaluate Strategic Partnership 2017-04-19
- Allison to Debut Industry-leading Products and Technology at Shanghai Autoshow 2017-04-14
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April