Key Points Review in Heavy-duty Truck Industry in 2017
In the year 2017, the total heavy-duty truck sales hit a record high in addition to the breakthrough in terms of intelligent driving and pure electricity and collective vehicle launching. With the new year already coming around the corner, let’s review the important events that happened in the heavy-duty truck industry.
Annual sales volume exceeded 1 million
The heavy-duty truck industry has had a high profile since the first month of 2017, when it reached a monthly sale of 83 thousand units for January.
Following the good start in January, the heavy duty truck saw a good momentum of steady and rapid growth, and as of November, it has achieved sales volume of 1.047 million, higher than the peak sales in 2010, and the full year ended with sales between 1.12 and 1.13 million units.
Over the past year, steady progress and fruitful results have been achieved in the heavy-duty truck industry. The clear evidence for this is that the top ten truck makers, including Jiefang, Dongfeng and Sinotruk, have all set the record sales. For instance, Jiefang reached an annual sale of 234010 units and Hongyan went up by 382% year-on-year, the rapidest growing corporations.
Collective launching of new vehicles
Under the situation of a booming heavy-duty truck market, China truck makers, represented by Jiefang, Foton, JAC and Liuzhou Moto, has scrambled to launch replacement products or even brand new models to gain more market share.
On June 9, 2017, the updated version of Jiefang J6 was put on the market across China and the ceremony took place in Shenzhen. FAW Jiefang again takes the lead in innovation by launching its updated version of Jiefang J6. According to Zhang Song, product manager in tractor unit of FAW, the new J6 made six innovations in appearance, intelligence, power, fuel economy, safety and comfort, and 75 upgrading, which implies Jiefang’s user-centered and market-oriented design concept.
Many other new vehicles include JAC GALLOP K7 and Chenglong T7, known as the most beautiful Chinese long head truck, JMC Weilong with imported-Ford technology, and Foton Auman EST with a lot of elements of module design.
Heavy duty truck realized self-driving
The year of 2017 marks the beginning of AI and its commercialization, in the same year, heavy duty truck makes substantial breakthroughs in intelligent driving.
In April this year, Jiefang successfully put its self-driving trucks on the road, demonstrating its latest achievements in self-driving vehicle development at Changchun FAW R&D test base and attracting wide media attention. On October 6, three Jiefang self-driving trucks successfully passed a trial operation.
Jiefang self-driving truck has the intelligent functions of recognizing traffic lights and obstacles, overtaking and following other cars, adopting remote commands. These intelligent functions can effectively solve the fatigue driving and save labor costs. FAW Jiefang plans to commercialize the self-driving intelligent truck in 2018.
On December 18, SAIC Iveco Hongyan Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as SAIC Hongyan) officially rolled out its first telmatics truck at Bo’ao Asia Forum Convention Center in Hainan province with seven internet-based features including: E-interface, E-chat, E-travel, E-safety, E-diagnosis, E-music and E-platform. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- FAW Jiefang Qingdao Got a Single-day Order of 2360 Units in Gaoan 2017-12-27
- Jiefang Showcases its Electric Vehicles at its Annual Business Conference 2017-12-19
- Jiefang Wants to Make Waves in New Energy Vehicle Industry 2017-12-18
- 476 Units Jiefang J6L Trucks to Be Delivered to Suzhou 2017-12-12
- Jiefang New Energy Vehicle Production Base Starts Official Operation 2017-12-11
- FAW Jiefang Launches Its ‘All-weather’ J6 Heavy-duty Truck across China 2017-12-04
- Qingdao Jiefang 500 Horsepower JH6 Attends Jinan Commercial Vehicle Exhibition 2017-11-28
- Jiefang J6P 8×4 Construction Truck with Ultra-short Wheelbase Put into Service 2017-11-20
- FAW Jiefang Leads the Trend at 2017 China Commercial Vehicle Show 2017-11-08
- Sales of Jiefang Trucks in Russia Grew by 304% in the First Three Quarters 2017-10-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Daimler to End the Full Year with Unit Sales in the Magnitude of 465,000 Trucks
- XCMG Offers a “One Week CEO” Apprenticeship to Young Adults Worldwide
- Geely Takes 8.2% Stake in VOLVO Truck Company, Biggest Individual Shareholder
- Tata Motors Hopes to Regain Over 55% Market Share in M&HCV Segment
- Chinese Ready to Set Up Auto Manufacturing Plants in Pakistan
- Navistar Posts Its First Annual Profit Since 2011
- Ghandhara Pakistan Stopped Making Nissan UD Trucks
- XCMG Holds 2nd Enlarged Conference of Overseas Market Strategy Advisory Committe
- BYD Considers Setting up Plant in Ontario, Canada
- President Xi Inspects XCMG
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017