Key Points Review in Heavy-duty Truck Industry in 2017
In the year 2017, the total heavy-duty truck sales hit a record high in addition to the breakthrough in terms of intelligent driving and pure electricity and collective vehicle launching. With the new year already coming around the corner, let’s review the important events that happened in the heavy-duty truck industry.
Annual sales volume exceeded 1 million
The heavy-duty truck industry has had a high profile since the first month of 2017, when it reached a monthly sale of 83 thousand units for January.
Following the good start in January, the heavy duty truck saw a good momentum of steady and rapid growth, and as of November, it has achieved sales volume of 1.047 million, higher than the peak sales in 2010, and the full year ended with sales between 1.12 and 1.13 million units.
Over the past year, steady progress and fruitful results have been achieved in the heavy-duty truck industry. The clear evidence for this is that the top ten truck makers, including Jiefang, Dongfeng and Sinotruk, have all set the record sales. For instance, Jiefang reached an annual sale of 234010 units and Hongyan went up by 382% year-on-year, the rapidest growing corporations.
Collective launching of new vehicles
Under the situation of a booming heavy-duty truck market, China truck makers, represented by Jiefang, Foton, JAC and Liuzhou Moto, has scrambled to launch replacement products or even brand new models to gain more market share.
On June 9, 2017, the updated version of Jiefang J6 was put on the market across China and the ceremony took place in Shenzhen. FAW Jiefang again takes the lead in innovation by launching its updated version of Jiefang J6. According to Zhang Song, product manager in tractor unit of FAW, the new J6 made six innovations in appearance, intelligence, power, fuel economy, safety and comfort, and 75 upgrading, which implies Jiefang’s user-centered and market-oriented design concept.
Many other new vehicles include JAC GALLOP K7 and Chenglong T7, known as the most beautiful Chinese long head truck, JMC Weilong with imported-Ford technology, and Foton Auman EST with a lot of elements of module design.
Heavy duty truck realized self-driving
The year of 2017 marks the beginning of AI and its commercialization, in the same year, heavy duty truck makes substantial breakthroughs in intelligent driving.
In April this year, Jiefang successfully put its self-driving trucks on the road, demonstrating its latest achievements in self-driving vehicle development at Changchun FAW R&D test base and attracting wide media attention. On October 6, three Jiefang self-driving trucks successfully passed a trial operation.
Jiefang self-driving truck has the intelligent functions of recognizing traffic lights and obstacles, overtaking and following other cars, adopting remote commands. These intelligent functions can effectively solve the fatigue driving and save labor costs. FAW Jiefang plans to commercialize the self-driving intelligent truck in 2018.
On December 18, SAIC Iveco Hongyan Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as SAIC Hongyan) officially rolled out its first telmatics truck at Bo’ao Asia Forum Convention Center in Hainan province with seven internet-based features including: E-interface, E-chat, E-travel, E-safety, E-diagnosis, E-music and E-platform. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018 2018-08-03
- FAW Jiefang J6P Dumping Trucks Set Splashes in Chongqing 2018-08-02
- Five Heavy-duty Trucks Expected to Get Launched in Second Half Year 2018-07-31
- Chinatrucks.com Finds FAW Jiefang Parts for Customer from Trinidad and Tobago 2018-07-19
- Jiefang Trucks Make a High-profile Appearance at SCO Qingdao Summit 2018-07-13
- FAW Jiefang Sold 169,000 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in H1 2018 2018-07-10
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June 2018-07-05
- FAW Jiefang Among China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands with RMB 60.672 Billion 2018-06-28
- Six Most Popular Trucks from January to June in 2018 2018-06-20
- FAW Jiefang J6 Honor Edition Boosts Upgrade to Logistics Delivery 2018-06-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November