FAW Jiefang Forms a New Energy Vehicle Joint Venture with Battery Giant CATL
CHINA(chinatrucks): Chinese truck maker FAW Jiefang and battery giant Contemporary Amperex Technology Limited (CATL) have set up a joint venture in Zhengding, Shijiazhuang with a total investment of ¥ 500 million, aiming to explore the new energy commercial vehicle market.
Through the JV, FAW Jiefang will work closely with CATL in the business of new energy vehicle sales, separation of vehicles and battries (including operation of battery swapping stations), vehicle leasing and used vehicle trading. The two parties aim to jointly build an ecological chain for new energy trucks to support the city's transition to electrification. The first battery-swapping stations are scheduled to start commercial operation in December this year.
By 2025, the JV is expected to generate 1.5 billion yuan in revenue, build more than 5 city-level battery-swapping networks consisting of 100 stations, and be able to support the operation of 20,000 new energy vehicles, and create 100 million yuan in tax revenue and more than 1,000 jobs.
FAW Jiefang is the truck subsidiary of FAW Group, a leading Chinese automaker. Founded in 1953 and headquartered in northeastern Jilin Province, the state-owned FAW Group is known as the cradle of China's automotive industry.
Headquartered in Ningde, Fujian Province, CATL, the world's biggest maker of batteries for electric cars, is a global leader of new energy innovative technologies, committed to providing premier solutions and services for new energy applications worldwide.
- FAW Jiefang Delivers First 60 Express Delivery Trucks in Mexico 2022-08-19
- 100 Jiefang Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy Trucks Delivered 2022-08-17
- Jiefang J7 Tractor Gets EU WVTA certification 2022-08-10
- Mongolia: FAW Jiefang Received an Order for 500 Units of J6P Trucks 2022-07-25
- FAWDE’s Export Volume Went up by 55% YOY 2022-06-23
- Jiefang Successfully Ignites China’s First Direct-Injection Hydrogen Engine 2022-06-09
- Jiefang's Distributed Photovoltaic Power Generation Project Starts Operation 2022-05-18
- FAW TRUCKS SA Assembles 9 000th Unit At COEGA PLANT 2022-05-05
- 209 Jiefang J6P Tractors Were Delivered to Mongolia 2022-04-02
- FAWDE’s Engine Export Increased by 37% YOY in Q1 2022-03-31
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Forms a New Energy Vehicle Joint Venture with Battery Giant CATL
- 2022 Discovery & Trust Truck Users Survey Campaign Starts
- What Makes CAMC's Battery-swapping Tractor a Superstar in NEV Market
- GEELY, Yuexiu Reached a ¥3 Billion Cooperation on Battery Swapping Heavy Trucks
- SANY and Pony.ai Form Joint Venture to Mass Produce Autonomous Trucks
- FULONGMA's Electric Garbage Truck Debuts at Indonesian PEVS
- SHACMAN Attends the 34th Mobil Delvac Truck Field Race in Colombia
- BYD Makes Its Debut on the Fortune Global 500 List for 2022
- Argentine Ambassador to China Niu Wangdao Paid a Visit to SHACMAN
- Hanma Tech to Stop Production of Traditional Fuel Vehicles by 2025
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Pickup Truck Sales Went Up 19% in June
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 29% YOY to 220,789 Units in H1, 2022
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units
- JMC Saw 61.09% Increase in Exports in the first half of 2022
- Total Chinese Heavy-duty Truck Market for June 2022 Reached 53000 Units
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 23% YOY to 36272 Units in January to April