Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post
Australia Post and its parcel and logistics subsidiary, StarTrack, operate a fleet of more than 800 Fuso Fighter medium-duty trucks equipped with Allison fully automatic transmissions for improved safety and efficiency.
The Australia Post fleet delivers mail and parcels in urban areas where heavy traffic makes automatic transmissions essential, said Terry Bickerton, national fleet manager for Australia Post and StarTrack. “We’ve introduced Allison automatics into our operations because of their reliability and the safety benefits they offer. There are also lower maintenance costs when compared with manual vehicles.”
Designed for severe, high start-stop duty cycles, Allison fully automatic transmissions use a torque converter for launching so there is no mechanical clutch to wear out. Our extended service intervals consist of just oil and filter changes, keeping vehicles on the job longer. An Allison Automatic makes vehicles easier to maneuver, increasing uptime and while improving productivity.
“The feedback we’ve had from our drivers is that automatic trucks help with reducing fatigue and are easier to operate in metropolitan areas. The Allison automatics make it easier for our drivers to concentrate on maneuvering their truck in city traffic by removing the need for them to worry about gear changes,” Bickerton added.
In addition, Allison Automatics have improved transit times in heavy traffic environments “as they allow the truck to accelerate up to a safe operating speed faster with greater efficiency,” said Bickerton.
Australia Post and StarTrack deliver more than 3 billion items a year and operate a network of more than 4,000 post offices and 15,000 street post boxes, with a staff of more than 50,000 people.
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety 2020-05-14
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series™ Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1