Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety
The search for increased safety of operations, as well as reduced consumption and maintenance, led Super G to acquire nine VW Constellation 31.280, trucks featuring Allison automatic transmissions.
Difficulties found in certain operations of its Munck trucks, led Super G, a company specializing in the transportation, lifting and handling of cargo based in Manaus, Amazonas, to opt for Allison Transmission’s fully automatic transmissions.
“We often carry a lot of weight on quite bumpy roads, leading to high maintenance costs for the trucks’ clutch system,” said Sardis Chaves Monteiro Junior, Super G manager. “We have already had problems with the cargo too. Once, on a long and steep slope on a very uneven grade, a manual transmission truck downshifting resulted in such a jolt that the cargo fell off.”
In order to avoid another mishap like this, reduce maintenance costs and vehicle downtime, and assure the safety of operations and greater driver comfort, the company has chosen to purchase the VW Constellation 31.280 equipped with Allison automatic transmissions. With this configuration, these trucks will be directed to perform operations such as crane in hard-to-reach areas, mining companies and remote locations. Moreover, such trucks allow for the transmission line maintenance with greater ease and mobility, and support operations inside and outside urban areas. “We have already found that it not only reduces the maintenance costs, but also brings us higher profit with its reduced fuel consumption,” said Monteiro Junior.
Volkswagen Trucks and Buses has been very active in producing technologies for vocational niche vehicles - including, a fruitful partnership with Allison, developing products for the waste collection, construction, firefighters and armored car segments.
Powered by an Allison 3500, the VW Constellation 31.280 features the VW EasyStart system for slopes and 6x4 traction. The MAN D08 engine, powered by EGR technology, delivers 277 horsepower and a maximum torque of 1,050 Nm. Transverse and longitudinal differential privileges operation by offering robustness.
“Our VW Constellation 31,280 is differentiated in the market. It features a number of tailored features. Among these is Allison's automatic transmission with torque converter,” said Thiago Armando Supplizi, Sales Advisor for Volkswagen Trucks and Buses. “With this configuration, the model ensures less downtime, less maintenance and superior profitability for the business. Its technology also allows us to maintain the pace of operation with this shifting system regarding speed and torque, favoring the planning for better results.”
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series™ Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
- Triel-HT Uses Allison Fully Automatic Transmissions in Airport Fire Trucks 2019-08-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- IAA Commercial Vehicles 2020 Cancelled Due to COVID-19
- Dongfeng and Inceptio to Roll Off L3 Autonomous Heavy-duty Trucks by Late 2021
- Coronavirus Pandemic: MAN Resumes Bus and Truck Production
- President Xi jinping Inspects Shaanxi Automobile Holding Group
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle
- See the Lifeblood of the Country: SHACMAN Reopening of Bussiness Be a Hot Topic
- "Safe" Becomes the Quality DNA Element of JAC from Safe+ to J-Health
- XCMG Purchased 4M Masks and 700,000 Sets of Surgical Gowns for Vale of Brazil
- Groupe Renault Sets Its New Strategy for China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Light Truck Sales Up 15% YoY in April
- Foton Sold 19,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks and 43,000 Units Light Trucks in April
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales Hit 180,000 Units in April
- Dongfeng Sold 32,544 Units Trucks in Q1
- Foton Tops the List of Light Truck Sales in March
- Top Ten Sales Ranking for Tractors in March
- Foton Released March Numbers: 12,000 Heavy Trucks and 43,000 Light Trucks Sold
- 113,000 Heavy-duty Trucks Were Sold in March
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February