Allison Automatic Transmissions Superior for City Distribution
www.chinatrucks.com: Rudenstams Parti AB is a family-owned wholesaler, buying locally cultivated and imported products which are later distributed to retail stores in the Småland, Östergötland and Västergötland regions of Sweden with its eight Scania trucks.
Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmission
One of the latest additions to the fleet is a Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 SeriesTM fully automatic transmission. According to Björn Segerberg, the manager responsible for the fleet, Allison fully automatic transmissions are the obvious choice for navigating city traffic.
"Because our customers are located relatively close in Jönköping, Huskvarna and cities a little further away, we choose our truck configurations depending on the anticipated route and duty cycle,” he said.
"We have had only good experiences with Allison transmissions,” said Segerberg. “Our old Scania has driven over 450,000 kilometers (280,000 miles) without any transmission problems whatsoever. We expect the same from our new 'Allison truck’.”
Segerberg tracks fleet driving distances and fuel consumption very closely as he monitors cost returns for the distribution company. “Every month I find the old preconception that a fully automatic transmission is ‘thirstier’ than others is totally wrong,” he said.
"Last month our new Allison-equipped Scania had the lowest fuel consumption of all our trucks, despite being used only in heavy city traffic with many more starts and stops than our other trucks fitted with either manual or automated manual transmissions (AMTs),” said Segerberg.
Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM
Allison transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM, which delivers more power to the drive wheels than any other transmission solution. Allison Automatics accelerate faster than manuals and AMTs, and also offer higher average speeds, which means more loads each day, increasing productivity and profits.
Fredrik Gustafsson has been driving Allison-equipped trucks at Rudenstams Parti for six years, and he also drives the newly delivered Scania.
“I feel my distribution rounds can be completed in considerably shorter time thanks to the Allison fully automatic transmission,” Gustafsson said. "It is superior in city traffic for driving on narrow streets and reaching loading ramps with just centimeters to spare on each side.”
In addition to the speed of acceleration possible with uninterrupted powershifts, driver Gustafsson likes being without the distraction of having to shift constantly. “The manueverability at low speeds can't really be compared to other transmission solutions, because with an Allison, it’s just easier to concentrate on driving,” he said.
- Papua New Gu Customer to Order More CAMC Trucks with Allison AT 2021-06-25
- Allison Transmission Introduces xFE Transmissions for Medium-Duty Trucks 2021-06-04
- Allison and Emergency One Formalize Collaboration on Electric Axle Integration 2021-05-08
- São Paulo Fire Corps Renews Fleet with Allison Fully Automatic Transmissions 2021-03-15
- Refuse trucks with Allison automatic transmissions debut in Bauru 2021-03-03
- Allison Launches eGen Power™ for Medium and Heavy-Duty Commercial Trucks 2020-12-22
- Shandong Pengxiang Wide Body Mining Dumper Equipped with Allison Transmission 2020-11-20
- Allison to Display Off-Highway Series™ Transmission at Bauma CHINA 2020 2020-11-18
- Allison 8610 is the Choice of North Hauler’s Autonomous Rigid Dump Truck 2020-11-18
- Shanghai Urban Sanitation Uses Allison 3000 SeriesTM Transmission on Sprinklers 2020-11-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April