Key Points Review in Heavy-duty Truck Industry in 2017
In the year 2017, the total heavy-duty truck sales hit a record high in addition to the breakthrough in terms of intelligent driving and pure electricity and collective vehicle launching. With the new year already coming around the corner, let’s review the important events that happened in the heavy-duty truck industry.
Annual sales volume exceeded 1 million
The heavy-duty truck industry has had a high profile since the first month of 2017, when it reached a monthly sale of 83 thousand units for January.
Following the good start in January, the heavy duty truck saw a good momentum of steady and rapid growth, and as of November, it has achieved sales volume of 1.047 million, higher than the peak sales in 2010, and the full year ended with sales between 1.12 and 1.13 million units.
Over the past year, steady progress and fruitful results have been achieved in the heavy-duty truck industry. The clear evidence for this is that the top ten truck makers, including Jiefang, Dongfeng and Sinotruk, have all set the record sales. For instance, Jiefang reached an annual sale of 234010 units and Hongyan went up by 382% year-on-year, the rapidest growing corporations.
Collective launching of new vehicles
Under the situation of a booming heavy-duty truck market, China truck makers, represented by Jiefang, Foton, JAC and Liuzhou Moto, has scrambled to launch replacement products or even brand new models to gain more market share.
On June 9, 2017, the updated version of Jiefang J6 was put on the market across China and the ceremony took place in Shenzhen. FAW Jiefang again takes the lead in innovation by launching its updated version of Jiefang J6. According to Zhang Song, product manager in tractor unit of FAW, the new J6 made six innovations in appearance, intelligence, power, fuel economy, safety and comfort, and 75 upgrading, which implies Jiefang’s user-centered and market-oriented design concept.
Many other new vehicles include JAC GALLOP K7 and Chenglong T7, known as the most beautiful Chinese long head truck, JMC Weilong with imported-Ford technology, and Foton Auman EST with a lot of elements of module design.
Heavy duty truck realized self-driving
The year of 2017 marks the beginning of AI and its commercialization, in the same year, heavy duty truck makes substantial breakthroughs in intelligent driving.
In April this year, Jiefang successfully put its self-driving trucks on the road, demonstrating its latest achievements in self-driving vehicle development at Changchun FAW R&D test base and attracting wide media attention. On October 6, three Jiefang self-driving trucks successfully passed a trial operation.
Jiefang self-driving truck has the intelligent functions of recognizing traffic lights and obstacles, overtaking and following other cars, adopting remote commands. These intelligent functions can effectively solve the fatigue driving and save labor costs. FAW Jiefang plans to commercialize the self-driving intelligent truck in 2018.
On December 18, SAIC Iveco Hongyan Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as SAIC Hongyan) officially rolled out its first telmatics truck at Bo’ao Asia Forum Convention Center in Hainan province with seven internet-based features including: E-interface, E-chat, E-travel, E-safety, E-diagnosis, E-music and E-platform. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle 2021-07-16
- FAW South Africa Continues to Grow at a Robust Pace 2021-07-15
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May 2021-06-11
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April 2021-05-31
- 100 Units FAW Jiefang JH6 Heavy-duty Trucks Exported to Vietnam 2021-05-27
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April 2021-05-21
- FAW Jiefang's New Production Base Starts Operation in Liuzhou City 2021-05-17
- China Sold 198,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in April 2021-05-12
- FAW South Africa's 7000TH Truck Built at Coega Plant 2021-05-10
- FAW Group Import & Export Corp. Completed Certification of Connected Vehicle 2021-04-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April