SAF-Holland Gets a Milestone Order from China's Changjiu Special Vehicle Group
Global commercial vehicle supplier SAF-HOLLAND reports receiving a “milestone” order from the Chinese transportation vehicle and trailer manufacturer Changjiu as equipment demand and more stringent safety regulations drive SAF-HOLLAND expansion in the region.
Changjiu Special Vehicle Group will now equip its semi-trailers with axle and suspension systems from SAF-HOLLAND using special low loader axle systems equipped with the SAF MODUL air suspension system. The delivery agreement covers a period of five years with delivery of the first systems already underway. Sales of around EUR 15 million are expected in 2018 under this agreement.
The main driver of the strong demand for weight-reduced truck and trailer components in China is the restrictions on the total weight permitted for vehicles and truck and trailer combinations, which were introduced in September 2016. This has sparked increasing customer interest in more sophisticated, weight-saving systems, such as those offered by SAF-HOLLAND, according to the company.
At the same time, dimension limits and loading regulations introduced for the vehicle transportation segment came into effect, which has led to a significant reduction in the number of transportable vehicles per semi-trailer. As a result, experts assume that it will be necessary to expand existing transportation capacity in this segment by 20% to 40%.
In addition, the new GB 7258 regulation, which will take effect in stages, prescribes the use of disc brakes and air suspensions for all trucks and trailers transporting dangerous goods for safety reasons. As a specialist in this field, SAF-HOLLAND therefore expects to see favorable opportunities for further sales and earnings growth in China.
“As a result of the new legislation, we expect demand for new trucks and trailers in China to remain high in the years ahead, especially for the transportation of dangerous goods and vehicles. In order to fulfill the legal requirements, components must meet stringent quality and safety requirements,” explains SAF-HOLLAND CEO Detlef Borghardt. “The premium segment, where SAF-HOLLAND is well positioned with its product portfolio and years of expertise, stands to benefit the most from these requirements.”
Additionally, SAF-HOLLAND Group is significantly expanding its production capacity in China to realize the region's strong expected organic growth in the years ahead, particularly for modern trailer axle and suspension systems.
CFO Dr Matthias Heiden sees China as one of the most important growth markets for the transportation industry. "With this milestone contract and our greenfield investment, we are laying the groundwork for our company's long-term and profitable growth in this region," Heiden says. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Changjiu Chuzhou Base Officially Put into Production 2017-10-16
- Changjiu Group Chuzhou Factory Secures an Order of 1,000 Center-Axle Vehicles 2017-09-18
- XCMG Brings Six Star Vehicles On Display at Liangshan Special Vehicle Expo 2018-09-30
- Special Vehicle Turns a Record Production to 1.2 Million Units 2017-08-03
- China Purchased Various Special Vehicles with a Total Value of Nearly 700 Million RMB in October 2015-11-12
- 16 New Beiben Special Vehicles for Muck Transport Landing Harbin 2015-07-03
- ZX AUTO Won 213 Units Order from China Power Grid’s Tender 2015-01-29
- Sinotruk Launches Equal-stiffness Lightweight Dumpers 2014-05-19
- Sinotruk Special Vehicles Secures Big Order in Shanxi 2014-04-29
- Sinotruk Qingdao First Quarter Sales Grew 87% 2014-04-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September