Cooperation with China's Weichai Power Promotes German Truck Giant KION
The cooperation with Chinese Weichai Power should be one of the best examples of win-win result of Chinese investments in German companies, German industrial giant KION's Chief Executive Officer Gordon Riske said on Thursday.
KION Group is a leading German supplier of industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions.
Weichai Power, however, a Chinese enterprise that mainly produces diesel engines, started to invest in KION in 2012 and now holds more than 43 percent of the stake.
KION had very close personnel exchanges with its Chinese shareholder, keeping the corporate governance structure in good condition, said Riske.
According to the statement that the company released Thursday, the yearly revenue of KION in 2017 hit new highs, growing by 37 percent to 7.7 billion euros (9.45 billion U.S.dollars) while the net income has growing by 73 percent to 430 million euros (527 billion dollars).
However, new orders of the internal-combustion trucks made a particularly strong gain worldwide last year, primarily driven by a significant growth of over 30 percent in the Chinese market.
Ching Pong Quek, a member of the executive board of KION and chief Asia Pacific officer, said that the Chinese market is essential for KION's growth, particularly considering the growing demand for more industrial trucks and services in enormous e-commerce market.
Thanks to the positive result, the stock of KION Group has advanced by nearly 4 percent Thursday at Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
As long-term strategic partner, Wechai Power not only placed its money but also shared similar thoughts and concerns with KION in regard to R&D, production etc. of industrial trucks, Quek told Xinhua.
With Weichai Power's support, KION had accomplished the acquisition of the Luxembourg-headquartered automation and supply chain optimization company Dematic in 2016, which contributed to the significant revenue growth-up almost sixfold-in the supply chain solutions segment.
- XCMG Deepens Partnership with Weichai Power 2018-06-26
- Weichai (Tokyo) Innovation Center Was Established 2018-06-22
- Weichai WP13 550 Horsepower Engine Widely Used Among High-end Trucks 2018-05-31
- Weichai to Start Cooperation with Russia-based Kamaz 2018-05-21
- China’s Weichai Announces Partnership with Fuel Cell Maker Ceres Power 2018-05-18
- Weichai Environmentally Friendly Power Solutions Shine at Auto China 2018 2018-04-28
- Foton Daimler and Weichai Jointly Launch Two Auman Trucks 2018-04-25
- Maz-Weichai New Factory Starts Construction in Belarus 2018-04-10
- Weichai Power Maintains a Fast Growing Momentum in Heavy-duty Truck Engine 2018-01-24
- Weichai’s Business Income Expected to Hit 220 Billion RMB in 2017 2017-12-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November