MAZ-Weichai Joint Venture Plans to Batch Produce Engines by the end of 2018
www.chinatrucks.com:The Belarusian automobile engineering company MAZ and the Chinese engine manufacturer Weichai Power intend to build the joint venture OOO MAZ-Weichai in the China-Belarus industrial park Great Stone. The factory will start batch producing engines by the end of 2018, BelTA learned from Dmitry Katerinich, Director General of OAO MAZ, the managing company of the holding company BelavtoMAZ, after the groundbreaking ceremony at the construction site on 13 September. The factory will occupy 2.5ha. It will make diesel engines for trucks, special vehicles, and buses. “We are going to open the factory on 8 November 2018. The first engine will be made the same month. Batch production will begin by the end of 2018,” said Dmitry Katerinich.
The executive also noted that MAZ is one of the few automakers without an engine factory of its own. “We now makes vehicles compliant with Euro-5 and Euro-6 standards. Such vehicles need good aftersales service and diagnostics. We need to spend huge resources on buying diagnostic equipment. Without an engine of our own we are facing huge risks. We will consider making not only engines in Belarus but the entire power train,” said Dmitry Katerinich.
As far as the financial side of the project to set up the joint venture is concerned, the executive noted that for now MAZ's share will be 30% while the Chinese company will contribute 70%. “We've decided to create a large charter capital — $20 million,” he added.
Deputy Prime Minister of Belarus Anatoly Kalinin added that engine production is a strategic project for MAZ. “All the conditions will be enabled for commissioning the engine factory on time — in November 2018,” he assured.
The joint venture will be located in the China-Belarus industrial park Great Stone and therefore will enjoy all the available preferences. The factory is designed to make at least 20,000 engines per annum. Initially the factory will operate in one shift. It will switch to two shifts once it makes 10,000 engines per annum. The power of the engines will vary from 220hp to 460hp. The engines will be more durable than competitors' and will be able to work for at least 1.2 million km of mileage before repair. The trucks the engines will power will be granted free maintenance after 40,000km while other brands offer maintenance after 30,000km.
The joint venture will be able to fully satisfy MAZ's demand for diesel engines. There are plans to export about 30% of the output.
China will be the sole provider of components initially. The manufacturing of components will be localized step-by-step later on. Belarus will initially make external components, mounted equipment and non-essential parts. Later on localization will move on to basic components, which will be machined by Belarusian companies.
Minsk Automobile Plant (MAZ trademark) was established in 1944. The company uses a complete manufacturing cycle to make trucks, passenger vehicles, trailers, and special vehicles. The company has designed and assembles over 500 models and 3,000 modifications of vehicles, over 55 models of trailers and semitrailers.
Wechai Power's first factory was established in the Chinese city of Weifang in 1946. At present the company employs over 12,000 personnel, including 2,500 engineers. The company can make 900,000 engines per annum. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of engines for trucks.
- Weichai Ranks No. 1 in 2021 China Auto Spare Parts Industry 2021-07-15
- Weichai Completed its Strategic Restructuring of Lovol Heavy Industry 2021-01-07
- Tan Xuguang: 100 Days of Hard Work for a New Leap in Development 2021-01-06
- China Sold 136,900 Units NG Engines for Heavy-duty Trucks from Jan. to Nov. 2021-01-02
- Weichai Engine Sales Exceeded One Million Units in 2020 2020-12-29
- Weichai Expects its Engine Sales for Heavy-duty Trucks to Exceed 500,000 Units 2020-12-23
- Weichai Rolls Out Its 200,000th Unit Engine with National VI Emission Standards 2020-12-09
- Weichai Group Ranks the 83rd among Top 500 Chinese Enterprises in 2020 2020-10-14
- Weichai Launches World's First Commercialized Diesel Engine with Over 50% EFF 2020-09-17
- Weichai Power Invests in Shengrui Transmission's 8AT Automatic Transmission 2020-09-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April